Thursday, March 7, 2013

Sheets

Psalm 5:11
"But let all who take refuge in You be glad, let them ever sing for joy; and may You shelter them, that those who love Your name may exult in You."


My husband and I were recently given a set of microfiber sheets. Can we say comfortable? Yes. Yes we can. We normally use a set of 600 thread count sheets, which are the silky kind of comfortable that feel like living in the lap of luxury! We love those sheets, but I have to admit, these microfiber sheets are definitely nice, too. They offer the cuddly kind of comfort.

I am thankful God provided us with both kinds of sheets. My body doesn't produce much heat, so the silky sheets can take awhile for me to warm up - which makes them great in the summer! The microfiber sheets don't start off so cold, and are much easier to warm up. I am thankful to be graced with His provision not only of something practical, but something luxurious. His grace covers all I do, is found in everything I have, and is the source of my hope and joy in Christ. As I cuddle in my sheets, I think of His loving embrace and the refuge and shelter I find there.

What reminds you of His love, grace, and/or how He is our refuge?

No comments:

Post a Comment