Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Hope

Romans 15:13
“Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that you will abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.”


There are so many verses on hope, because our God is a God of hope. I praise Him that He is! So often, as my focus draws inward, I begin to place my hope in the things of this world, and am sorely disappointed. Yet God’s hope will never disappoint. He is perfect, omnipotent, omniscient, and omnipresent; there is nothing my God cannot do!

This God who can do anything loves me - no matter what I’ve done or will do - with a perfect love and tenacity to never let go of me. In His perfect love and perfect will, He is conforming me into the image of His Son, Jesus Christ. (Romans 8:28-29, Philippians 1:6) Present tense. He knows I don’t have it down perfectly, and He doesn’t expect me to.

In my sin, I cannot please Him, but in His Son, I am justified - I am saved. I am given access to the Holy Spirit, who can please Him. No one can now condemn me (and how prideful of me to condemn myself!), as it says in Romans 8:1.

I am so thankful for the hope God gives us!

No comments:

Post a Comment