Monday, March 25, 2013

Productivity

Romans 11:36
"For from Him and through Him and to Him are all things. To Him be the glory forever. Amen."


I’ve had a cold this past week, so have been trying to lie low with respect to exertion (including mental exertion). Over the weekend - with frequent rests - I have been knitting and working on my first devotional journal (My Thankful Beginning ~ A Shift in Focus). I progressed quite a bit on both! Knowing I’ve been productive - especially when sick - feels like an accomplishment. Yet as I enjoy that feeling, I must temper it with the knowledge my  accomplishment is by God’s grace; I have no right to be prideful.

“For from Him and through Him and to Him are all things. To Him be the glory forever. Amen.” (Romans 11:36) “All things came into being through Him, and apart from Him nothing came into being that has come into being.” (John 1:3)

God is the reason I can even breathe at this moment. There are so many facets of that one function that require survival: He created our lungs to breathe; the structure of the atoms and molecules to form the lungs; the bodily systems that require the oxygen from the air; each of the elements that are in the air... you get the idea. It takes a pretty big God to not only design and create all that, but to also maintain it!

I’m not saying it’s sin to enjoy accomplishment - we were made to enjoy God, “...who richly supplies us with all things to enjoy.” (1 Tim 6:17c). I’m just loving the knowledge God is in control of the tiniest details, and thus, am thankful He gave me the gift of productivity this weekend. I pray I might get to see how the work I accomplished will glorify Him.

What has God been orchestrating in your life this past week?

No comments:

Post a Comment